The Anarchist Underground
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Anarchist Underground

Political movement

HomeTestGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

going to church against my will

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Public Enemy

Public Enemy

going to church against my will - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: going to church against my will   going to church against my will - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 1:36 am

KenCat wrote:

This may seem like it on paper, but this has not happened once. Really. And besides, Quakers are pacifists.. lol No fighting.
Why would you want one man preaching to you when you could hear everyone's views?

And it's less of sharing philosophical standpoints and more of sharing things that are "needed" to be said.
It's pretty cool.
Well, They must have been awesome people for that to work.
And quite frankly, i preach to myself through reading the word of god, and not a secondhand opinion.
Back to top Go down
Cheveyo
Admin
Cheveyo

PostSubject: Re: going to church against my will   going to church against my will - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 1:37 am

Public Enemy wrote:
KenCat wrote:

This may seem like it on paper, but this has not happened once. Really. And besides, Quakers are pacifists.. lol No fighting.
Why would you want one man preaching to you when you could hear everyone's views?

And it's less of sharing philosophical standpoints and more of sharing things that are "needed" to be said.
It's pretty cool.
And quite frankly, i preach to myself through reading the word of god, and not a secondhand opinion.

The Bible IS a secondhand opinion for Christians... Neither God nor Jesus wrote it.
And besides, when a preacher preaches to you, he's giving you HIS secondhand opinion. But in that case, it's only one opinion and most people just accept it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.MySpace.com/Carlos758 and www.AnarchistUnderground.co
Public Enemy

Public Enemy

PostSubject: Re: going to church against my will   going to church against my will - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 1:49 am

KenCat wrote:
Public Enemy wrote:
KenCat wrote:

It's pretty cool.

The Bible IS a secondhand opinion for Christians... Neither God nor Jesus wrote it.
And besides, when a preacher preaches to you, he's giving you HIS secondhand opinion. But in that case, it's only one opinion and most people just accept it.
To believe the bible is to believe that it has the credibility of a firsthand opinion. And i don't need someone to interpret what was blatantly stated in text. But i do see what you say.
Back to top Go down
Cheveyo
Admin
Cheveyo

PostSubject: Re: going to church against my will   going to church against my will - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 1:52 am

Public Enemy wrote:
KenCat wrote:
Public Enemy wrote:
KenCat wrote:

It's pretty cool.

To believe the bible is to believe that it has the credibility of a firsthand opinion. And i don't need someone to interpret what was blatantly stated in text. But i do see what you say.

No, I completely get you.. But people call it the "word of God".. Jesus was beyond brilliant, but he didn't write anything. The apostless did, other followers, there were roman letters, etc.
And besides, in a Quaker church, we do not interpret the Bible.
Back to top Go down
Public Enemy

Public Enemy

PostSubject: Re: going to church against my will   going to church against my will - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 1:55 am

This sounds more like an awesome discussion club build upon a religious basis to ensure a serious nature.
Cool. But i wouldn't join it.
Back to top Go down
Cheveyo
Admin
Cheveyo

PostSubject: Re: going to church against my will   going to church against my will - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 1:57 am

Public Enemy wrote:
This sounds more like an awesome discussion club build upon a religious basis to ensure a serious nature.
Cool. But i wouldn't join it.

It's not like I'm selling it.. =p
To each his own and freedom of religious expression and thought.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: going to church against my will   going to church against my will - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

going to church against my will
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Anarchist Underground :: Subversion in Society :: Religion and Spirituality-
Jump to: