The Anarchist Underground
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Anarchist Underground

Political movement

HomeTestGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Stanford prison experiment

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Inkus2000
Admin
Inkus2000

The Stanford prison experiment Empty
PostSubject: The Stanford prison experiment   The Stanford prison experiment Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 8:58 pm

The Stanford prison experiment was ostensibly a psychological study of human responses to captivity and its behavioral effects on both authorities and inmates in prison. Prisoners and guards rapidly adapted to their roles, stepping beyond the boundaries of what had been predicted and leading to dangerous and psychologically damaging situations. One-third of the guards were judged to have exhibited "genuine" sadistic tendencies, while many prisoners were emotionally traumatized and two had to be removed from the experiment early.

This experiment shows the corrupting effects of power, authority and hierarchy. It is a reflection of what occurs in most prison institutions and society as a whole under hierarchy. Furthermore we should understand that this occurs within 'all' institutions of hierarchy albeit to various degrees depending on the institution - a truth conveniently ignored by many in mainstream. I hope that this documentary gives further insight into authoritarian social relations and there true nature.

Back to top Go down
Cheveyo
Admin
Cheveyo

PostSubject: Re: The Stanford prison experiment   The Stanford prison experiment Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 4:49 pm

PART TWO OF THREE

PART THREE OF THREE

Last edited by KenCat on Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:20 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.MySpace.com/Carlos758 and www.AnarchistUnderground.co
Inkus2000
Admin
Inkus2000

PostSubject: Re: The Stanford prison experiment   The Stanford prison experiment Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 4:53 pm

KenCat wrote:
Is the title of the documentary the Stanford Prison Experiment?

Yea -I think so
Back to top Go down
Cheveyo
Admin
Cheveyo

PostSubject: Re: The Stanford prison experiment   The Stanford prison experiment Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 5:58 pm

For those of you interested in the experiment, I added parts two and three to my post (the second post).
Back to top Go down
http://www.MySpace.com/Carlos758 and www.AnarchistUnderground.co
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Stanford prison experiment   The Stanford prison experiment Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Stanford prison experiment
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Anarchist Underground :: Our World :: Law and Order-
Jump to: