The Anarchist Underground
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Anarchist Underground

Political movement

HomeTestGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Class struggle, racial unification

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Cheveyo
Admin
Cheveyo

Class struggle, racial unification Empty
PostSubject: Class struggle, racial unification   Class struggle, racial unification Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 8:54 pm

For years, acclaimed author and speaker Tim Wise has been electrifying audiences on the college lecture circuit with his deeply personal take on whiteness and white privilege. In this spellbinding lecture, the author of White Like Me: Reflections on Race from a Privileged Son offers a unique, inside-out view of race and racism in Amerika. Expertly overcoming the defensiveness that often surrounds these issues, Wise provides a non-confrontational explanation of white privilege and the damage it does not only to people of color, but to white people as well. This is an invaluable classroom resource: an ideal introduction to the social construction of racial identities, and a critical new tool for exploring the often invoked - but seldom explained - concept of white privilege.
Back to top Go down
http://www.MySpace.com/Carlos758 and www.AnarchistUnderground.co
solpacvoicis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Class struggle, racial unification   Class struggle, racial unification Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 11:16 pm

as a kid who just had to read books upon books of the obnoxious speeches of the governors during the civil war and post-reconstruction period.....my heart just leaps to hear him speaking up about this.... =D
Back to top Go down
Cheveyo
Admin
Cheveyo

PostSubject: Re: Class struggle, racial unification   Class struggle, racial unification Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 12:46 pm

solpacvoicis wrote:
as a kid who just had to read books upon books of the obnoxious speeches of the governors during the civil war and post-reconstruction period.....my heart just leaps to hear him speaking up about this.... =D

Exactly, Tim Wise dedicates his life to anti-racism. The governors are the ones who, as he said, divide and conquer.
Back to top Go down
killuminati
Admin
killuminati

PostSubject: Re: Class struggle, racial unification   Class struggle, racial unification Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 12:49 pm

capitalism loves racism

Last edited by Killuminati on Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cheveyo
Admin
Cheveyo

PostSubject: Re: Class struggle, racial unification   Class struggle, racial unification Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 7:57 pm

Killuminati wrote:
honestly I prefer seperation white people don't tell the minority anything about their true history so its compeltely worthless and what's the point of seperation when there going to spend half there time makign ways to throw you in jail?

Separation such as segregation!?

And look at Tim Wise, a white guy telling the truth. Not all whites are the same.
Back to top Go down
solpacvoicis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Class struggle, racial unification   Class struggle, racial unification Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 8:01 pm

lol, yeah, everyone's an individual right? ^_^

i have to write an essay about the difference between booker t. washington's and w.e.b. dubois' social theories, and how they were relevant to the times, merits for each, etc....this friday...

you know, i am going to have a hard time coming up with good points for b.t. washington's theory that the only way black people could gain political ground was by learning trades, becoming integrated into the economy, and cease to strive politically.....-_-
Back to top Go down
Cheveyo
Admin
Cheveyo

PostSubject: Re: Class struggle, racial unification   Class struggle, racial unification Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 4:35 am

solpacvoicis wrote:

i have to write an essay about the difference between booker t. washington's and w.e.b. dubois' social theories, and how they were relevant to the times, merits for each, etc....this friday...

you know, i am going to have a hard time coming up with good points for b.t. washington's theory that the only way black people could gain political ground was by learning trades, becoming integrated into the economy, and cease to strive politically.....-_-

Well, you can explain how Booker T. Washington was completely wrong -- I just can't see how he is looked up to as a civil rights leader (did you know that?).. He believed that in order for salves to one day have equal rights, they must prove themselves useful to the white man and "demonstrate great patience".

W.E.B. Du Bois, on the other hand, was an interesting character. He wasn't afraid to stay within the boundaries of what the white politician wanted him in, he was a [state] communist and pan-african.
Back to top Go down
killuminati
Admin
killuminati

PostSubject: Re: Class struggle, racial unification   Class struggle, racial unification Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 7:39 pm

KenCat wrote:
solpacvoicis wrote:

Well, you can explain how Booker T. Washington was completely wrong -- I just can't see how he is looked up to as a civil rights leader (did you know that?).. He believed that in order for salves to one day have equal rights, they must prove themselves useful to the white man and "demonstrate great patience".

W.E.B. Du Bois, on the other hand, was an interesting character. He wasn't afraid to stay within the boundaries of what the white politician wanted him in, he was a [state] communist and pan-african.
I agree
Back to top Go down
Tirith

Tirith

PostSubject: Re: Class struggle, racial unification   Class struggle, racial unification Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 5:53 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhNXV01VSoY

Human rights went on vacation
Money took over a long time ago
Fight for this racial war in all Rwanda's glory...
There ain't no glory in a war...
Back to top Go down
killuminati
Admin
killuminati

PostSubject: Re: Class struggle, racial unification   Class struggle, racial unification Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 7:06 pm

Cheveyo wrote:
Killuminati wrote:
honestly I prefer seperation white people don't tell the minority anything about their true history so its compeltely worthless and what's the point of seperation when there going to spend half there time makign ways to throw you in jail?

Separation such as segregation!?

And look at Tim Wise, a white guy telling the truth. Not all whites are the same.
of course not lol..maybe I should have said it better....I was quoting from a book there is more ways they seperate black people in my opinion.....ya sure they ended segregation but aren't a lot of neighborhoods still segregated, actually I watched a video yesterday about this white community complained that blacks were taking up to much money(due to being poorer) and they seperated themselves...so they don't have to share their funds with black people...so technically were just drifting back into old times..it's hard to explain I'll try to find the vid...dumb that I didn't bookmark it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Class struggle, racial unification   Class struggle, racial unification Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Class struggle, racial unification
Page 1 of 1