The Anarchist Underground
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Anarchist Underground

Political movement

HomeTestGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MANUFACTURING CONSENT: NOAM CHOMSKY AND THE MEDIA

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Inkus2000
Admin
Inkus2000

MANUFACTURING CONSENT: NOAM CHOMSKY AND THE MEDIA Empty
PostSubject: MANUFACTURING CONSENT: NOAM CHOMSKY AND THE MEDIA   MANUFACTURING CONSENT: NOAM CHOMSKY AND THE MEDIA Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 9:55 pm

This documentary film explores the political life and ideas of Noam Chomsky, a linguist, intellectual, and political activist. Created by two Canadian independent filmmakers, it expands on the ideas of Chomsky's earlier book, Manufacturing Consent: The Political Economy of the Mass Media, which he co-wrote with Edward S. Herman.

The film presents and illustrates Chomsky's and Herman's propaganda model, the thesis that corporate media, as profit-driven institutions, tend to serve and further the agendas of the interests of dominant, elite groups in the society. A centerpiece of the film is a long examination into the history of The New York Times's coverage of Indonesia's invasion and occupation of East Timor, which Chomsky claims exemplifies the media's unwillingness to criticize an ally.

Until the release of “The Corporation” (2003), it was the most successful documentary in Canadian history, playing theatrically in over 300 cities around the world; winning 22 awards; appearing in more than 50 international film festivals; and being broadcast in over 30 markets. It has also been translated into a dozen languages.

Link

http://freedocumentaries.org/film.php?id=138
Back to top Go down
Cheveyo
Admin
Cheveyo

PostSubject: Re: MANUFACTURING CONSENT: NOAM CHOMSKY AND THE MEDIA   MANUFACTURING CONSENT: NOAM CHOMSKY AND THE MEDIA Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 8:19 pm

I would personally recommend this documentary -- it's clear, concise and informative. Oh, and Noam Chomsky is my hero. =p
Back to top Go down
http://www.MySpace.com/Carlos758 and www.AnarchistUnderground.co
Inkus2000
Admin
Inkus2000

PostSubject: Re: MANUFACTURING CONSENT: NOAM CHOMSKY AND THE MEDIA   MANUFACTURING CONSENT: NOAM CHOMSKY AND THE MEDIA Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 6:07 pm

KenCat wrote:
I would personally recommend this documentary -- it's clear, concise and informative. Oh, and Noam Chomsky is my hero. =p

all hail !

all hail !

all hail Noam ! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Cheveyo
Admin
Cheveyo

PostSubject: Re: MANUFACTURING CONSENT: NOAM CHOMSKY AND THE MEDIA   MANUFACTURING CONSENT: NOAM CHOMSKY AND THE MEDIA Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 6:44 pm

Inkus2000 wrote:
KenCat wrote:

all hail !

all hail !

HAILING!? IN AN ANARCHIST FORUM!?
There shall be none of it whatsoever!
Back to top Go down
Yaotl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: MANUFACTURING CONSENT: NOAM CHOMSKY AND THE MEDIA   MANUFACTURING CONSENT: NOAM CHOMSKY AND THE MEDIA Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 6:45 pm

KenCat wrote:
Inkus2000 wrote:
KenCat wrote:

all hail !

all hail !

HAIL!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Inkus2000
Admin
Inkus2000

PostSubject: Re: MANUFACTURING CONSENT: NOAM CHOMSKY AND THE MEDIA   MANUFACTURING CONSENT: NOAM CHOMSKY AND THE MEDIA Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 7:27 pm

KenCat wrote:
Inkus2000 wrote:
KenCat wrote:

all hail !

all hail !

Chomsky should become the god - king of the new anarchist society.
We should build a statue in his honor and sacrifice five goats every full moon !
Back to top Go down
Yaotl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: MANUFACTURING CONSENT: NOAM CHOMSKY AND THE MEDIA   MANUFACTURING CONSENT: NOAM CHOMSKY AND THE MEDIA Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 8:32 pm

Inkus2000 wrote:
KenCat wrote:
Inkus2000 wrote:
KenCat wrote:

all hail !

all hail !

We should build a statue in his honor and sacrifice five goats every full moon !

Don't forget official portraits of him. :]
Back to top Go down
solpacvoicis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: MANUFACTURING CONSENT: NOAM CHOMSKY AND THE MEDIA   MANUFACTURING CONSENT: NOAM CHOMSKY AND THE MEDIA Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 10:06 pm

LOLZ chomsky's cult of personality is born? =D
Back to top Go down
Cheveyo
Admin
Cheveyo

PostSubject: Re: MANUFACTURING CONSENT: NOAM CHOMSKY AND THE MEDIA   MANUFACTURING CONSENT: NOAM CHOMSKY AND THE MEDIA Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 2:10 pm

Inkus2000 wrote:
KenCat wrote:
Inkus2000 wrote:
KenCat wrote:

all hail !

all hail !

rofl Five goats. :]

Okay, so for those who haven't seen this documentary, WATCH IT.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MANUFACTURING CONSENT: NOAM CHOMSKY AND THE MEDIA   MANUFACTURING CONSENT: NOAM CHOMSKY AND THE MEDIA Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MANUFACTURING CONSENT: NOAM CHOMSKY AND THE MEDIA
Page 1 of 1