The Anarchist Underground
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Anarchist Underground

Political movement

HomeTestGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[POLL] Hacking

Go down 
+4
Prefx
god0fmusic
dawowcow
Cheveyo
8 posters

Are you for or against the use of hacking to further the Anarchist message?
For
[POLL] Hacking Vote_lcap71%[POLL] Hacking Vote_rcap
 71% [ 12 ]
Against
[POLL] Hacking Vote_lcap24%[POLL] Hacking Vote_rcap
 24% [ 4 ]
Other (state in post)
[POLL] Hacking Vote_lcap5%[POLL] Hacking Vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 17

AuthorMessage
Cheveyo
Admin
Cheveyo

[POLL] Hacking Empty
PostSubject: [POLL] Hacking   [POLL] Hacking Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 7:52 pm

Self explanatory.

If you want an example of how hacking can further the message of Anarchism, we can hack biased, idiotic, right-wing YouTube accounts and post Anarchist information on them. We could also hack media outlets and news stations and stream a video for all watching that station to see (would get huge media attention).

Personally, I'm for it.
If for some reason it seems unethical or immoral, we'll do it to FOX and it would become both ethical and moral.
It's a way of getting a message across non-violently.
Back to top Go down
http://www.MySpace.com/Carlos758 and www.AnarchistUnderground.co
dawowcow
Admin
dawowcow

[POLL] Hacking Empty
PostSubject: Re: [POLL] Hacking   [POLL] Hacking Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 5:57 am

Even if it is extremely illegal xD
Back to top Go down
http://dawowcow.deviantart.com
god0fmusic
Admin

[POLL] Hacking Empty
PostSubject: Re: [POLL] Hacking   [POLL] Hacking Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 6:16 am

if you plan to do this, please dont plan it over the inetrnet, because that makes it quite easy to get cought.
i mean, if someone hacked FOX and spoke about anarchism, i think the secret service would be all over anarchist forums trying to get some information.

if you manage to get enough support and protection that even the secret service couldnt stop you, then go ahead, plan it on the internet.
Back to top Go down
dawowcow
Admin
dawowcow

[POLL] Hacking Empty
PostSubject: Re: [POLL] Hacking   [POLL] Hacking Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 9:51 am

true
Back to top Go down
http://dawowcow.deviantart.com
Cheveyo
Admin
Cheveyo

[POLL] Hacking Empty
PostSubject: Re: [POLL] Hacking   [POLL] Hacking Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 11:09 am

I would never plan it on the internet! =p
Back to top Go down
Prefx

[POLL] Hacking Empty
PostSubject: Re: [POLL] Hacking   [POLL] Hacking Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 12:23 pm

I'm against hacking of most websites, unless they're owned by either the state or major corporations. However, there should be some caution in this method since 1.) hacking of either can cause dramatic profit losses, leading to cuts in labor benefits and 2.) anarchism being associated with immature pricks (not that it isn't already).
Back to top Go down
god0fmusic
Admin

[POLL] Hacking Empty
PostSubject: Re: [POLL] Hacking   [POLL] Hacking Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 12:30 pm

Prefx wrote:
I'm against hacking of most websites, unless they're owned by either the state or major corporations. However, there should be some caution in this method since 1.) hacking of either can cause dramatic profit losses, leading to cuts in labor benefits and 2.) anarchism being associated with immature pricks (not that it isn't already).

thats true actually. if you were to hack fascist youtube accounts, you might get hacked back, who knows.
and its totally true that it might make anarchism get a bad name. but it would also cause quite an impact on people. they would get a feeling of big change coming.
Back to top Go down
Cheveyo
Admin
Cheveyo

[POLL] Hacking Empty
PostSubject: Re: [POLL] Hacking   [POLL] Hacking Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 1:10 pm

Prefx wrote:

True, but isn't FOX News a major corporation (that sells bullshit to the American people)? And by hacking it, I would only stream an Anarchist video to their live feeds -- nothing would be damaged whatsoever.
Back to top Go down
Yaotl
Admin

[POLL] Hacking Empty
PostSubject: Re: [POLL] Hacking   [POLL] Hacking Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 1:40 pm

god0fmusic wrote:
if you plan to do this, please dont plan it over the inetrnet, because that makes it quite easy to get cought.
i mean, if someone hacked FOX and spoke about anarchism, i think the secret service would be all over anarchist forums trying to get some information.

if you manage to get enough support and protection that even the secret service couldnt stop you, then go ahead, plan it on the internet.

Yeah, we should keep it low key.
Back to top Go down
Corrbrias
Admin
Corrbrias

[POLL] Hacking Empty
PostSubject: my opinion of this sort of hacking   [POLL] Hacking Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 12:45 pm

I think everyone should be able to express themselves, so I'm against hacking some small-time right-wing blogger. However, the corporate media is an oppressive institution in collusion with the government and corporations to propagandize in their favor, so I'm in favor of hacking them.
Back to top Go down
Cheveyo
Admin
Cheveyo

[POLL] Hacking Empty
PostSubject: Re: [POLL] Hacking   [POLL] Hacking Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 1:17 pm

Corrbrias wrote:
I think everyone should be able to express themselves, so I'm against hacking some small-time right-wing blogger. However, the corporate media is an oppressive institution in collusion with the government and corporations to propagandize in their favor, so I'm in favor of hacking them.

Were this so happen, I would concentrate on Fox News.
Back to top Go down
Rename
Counter-Revolutionary

[POLL] Hacking Empty
PostSubject: Re: [POLL] Hacking   [POLL] Hacking Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 11:30 pm

Well considering in Anarchy their would only be common rules, than i really don't see why hacking would be against your moral. And it would get message accross, but for me personally, i definately say no.
Back to top Go down
solpacvoicis
Admin

[POLL] Hacking Empty
PostSubject: Re: [POLL] Hacking   [POLL] Hacking Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 2:54 pm

hacking is fine by me =D

but, it should always stay light-hearted lol (AND UNTRACEABLE)
Back to top Go down
Cheveyo
Admin
Cheveyo

[POLL] Hacking Empty
PostSubject: Re: [POLL] Hacking   [POLL] Hacking Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 8:07 pm

I am against the use of hacking for destruction and were I to hack any station, no permanent changes would be done whatsoever.
I'd stop broadcast, air a video and start broadcast again.
Back to top Go down
Rename
Counter-Revolutionary

[POLL] Hacking Empty
PostSubject: Re: [POLL] Hacking   [POLL] Hacking Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 9:27 pm

KenCat wrote:
I am against the use of hacking for destruction and were I to hack any station, no permanent changes would be done whatsoever.

That's much more just.
Back to top Go down
Cheveyo
Admin
Cheveyo

[POLL] Hacking Empty
PostSubject: Re: [POLL] Hacking   [POLL] Hacking Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 10:59 am

Rename wrote:
KenCat wrote:

That's much more just.

I'm what people call a Gray Hat Hacker.. lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

[POLL] Hacking Empty
PostSubject: Re: [POLL] Hacking   [POLL] Hacking Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[POLL] Hacking
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Anarchist Underground :: Anarchist Underground :: Voting and Polls-