The Anarchist Underground
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Anarchist Underground

Political movement

HomeTestGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anarcho Communism for beginners.

Go down 
+3
Public Enemy
changingtheworld
Cheveyo
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Cheveyo
Admin
Cheveyo

Anarcho Communism for beginners. Empty
PostSubject: Anarcho Communism for beginners.   Anarcho Communism for beginners. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 11:58 pm

I just thought I'd make a short, simple thread about this for those in the chatbox who don't quite get it yet.

Anarcho Communism does not believe in money.

>What? Then how can you buy things!?

You don't, you get them for free.

>How could someone 'afford' to give things away for free!?

By getting things for free in return! Let's say you make clothes. Just make clothes, keep what you need and give away what you don't. In return, you will receive every other necessity in return for free by people doing the exact same thing.

To contrast it, I'll talk about Syndicalism. Syndicalism is great because you can have a direct democracy in the workplace, instead of bosses. However, the workers control where the products go to gain a profit instead of everyone owning everything because there is no money.

It's not collectivist, it's not individualist -- it's Anarcho Communist.

If you could supply for yourself entirely, you would not be forced to give to others -- you could make for yourself alone. However, because you get what you need from yourself, you would not get the income of free necessities.
Back to top Go down
http://www.MySpace.com/Carlos758 and www.AnarchistUnderground.co
changingtheworld

changingtheworld

PostSubject: Re: Anarcho Communism for beginners.   Anarcho Communism for beginners. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 12:25 am

very nice you practically summed it up right here
Back to top Go down
Public Enemy

Public Enemy

PostSubject: Re: Anarcho Communism for beginners.   Anarcho Communism for beginners. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 12:46 am

But then who is to judge what one does and does not need?
And then everyone's hobby and skill and life must lie within creating items only if they are beneficial?
WAH! Sad
This system really doesn't appeal to me.
Back to top Go down
Cheveyo
Admin
Cheveyo

PostSubject: Re: Anarcho Communism for beginners.   Anarcho Communism for beginners. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 12:46 am

changingtheworld wrote:
very nice you practically summed it up right here
Thanks, I tried to make it as simple as possible. But there are many other Anarcho Communist aspects that tie in after you've learned the basics.
Back to top Go down
Cheveyo
Admin
Cheveyo

PostSubject: Re: Anarcho Communism for beginners.   Anarcho Communism for beginners. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 12:49 am

Public Enemy wrote:
And then everyone's hobby and skill and life must lie within creating items only if they are beneficial?
WAH! Sad
This system really doesn't appeal to me.

"Beneficial"? Things can be beneficial even if they're just for fun!

"But then who is to judge what one does and does not need?"
Yourself, but transactions should be recorded by a rotating (to stop authority and corruption) group of people to stop greed, which would pop up a lot less after you get things for free.
Back to top Go down
Black_Cross
Admin
Black_Cross

PostSubject: Re: Anarcho Communism for beginners.   Anarcho Communism for beginners. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 2:07 pm

Public Enemy wrote:

There's no need for that. If production meets consumption (a necessary prerequisite to communism), then people can take what they want. This is also why i believe you cannot go straight from capitalism to communism. I believe their needs to be a transition, and i believe it needs to be collectivism. I don't think collectivism is an ideal end, but i do believe it is a means to an end; namely communism.
Back to top Go down
killuminati
Admin
killuminati

PostSubject: Re: Anarcho Communism for beginners.   Anarcho Communism for beginners. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 2:56 pm

Anarchist.Dagger wrote:
Public Enemy wrote:

There's no need for that. If production meets consumption (a necessary prerequisite to communism), then people can take what they want. This is also why i believe you cannot go straight from capitalism to communism. I believe their needs to be a transition, and i believe it needs to be collectivism. I don't think collectivism is an ideal end, but i do believe it is a means to an end; namely communism.
thats where anarchy-syndicalist comes in
Back to top Go down
solpacvoicis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Anarcho Communism for beginners.   Anarcho Communism for beginners. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 8:10 pm

so....what about public transportation...?

i like to think there would be groups of people who just like traveled around and did maintenance on public transportation....but is there another solution to this? and public communication has a similar problem....

i'm going to keep searching till i find an answer lol but i'd like to see what you guys answer...
Back to top Go down
Cheveyo
Admin
Cheveyo

PostSubject: Re: Anarcho Communism for beginners.   Anarcho Communism for beginners. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 8:36 pm

solpacvoicis wrote:
so....what about public transportation...?

i like to think there would be groups of people who just like traveled around and did maintenance on public transportation....but is there another solution to this? and public communication has a similar problem....

i'm going to keep searching till i find an answer lol but i'd like to see what you guys answer...

It's simple. Their job (creating transportation routes) would be considered a the said "product".
So they would receive the goods in return for their labor.

This goes for any other job that doesn't produce anything material. Secretaries, janitors, painters, etc.
Back to top Go down
chris

PostSubject: Re: Anarcho Communism for beginners.   Anarcho Communism for beginners. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 9:03 am

I was actually an anarcho commie before I had even heard of the concept.. I find that pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
Cheveyo
Admin
Cheveyo

PostSubject: Re: Anarcho Communism for beginners.   Anarcho Communism for beginners. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 1:31 pm

chris wrote:
I was actually an anarcho commie before I had even heard of the concept.. I find that pretty cool.

Same here, then I became an Anarchist opposed to money (for money is power, which can be used as a tool to exploit brothers and sisters) and then an Anarcho Communist.
Viva, comrade.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anarcho Communism for beginners.   Anarcho Communism for beginners. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anarcho Communism for beginners.
Page 1 of 1