The Anarchist Underground
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Anarchist Underground

Political movement

HomeTestGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

going to church against my will

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
changingtheworld

changingtheworld

going to church against my will Empty
PostSubject: going to church against my will   going to church against my will Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 12:05 am

ive never been close to my parents my dads an abusive alcoholic and my mom is really strict. I have changed to atheism after a while of actually thinking about whats right and whats wrong without the fear of going to hell. the one thing my mom is very religious catholic. when i told her of my recent change she freaked out and said i don't give a sh*t and your still going to church. so im listening to the sermon and im wanting to stand up and say thats a bunch of shit. its really going against what i believe in. ( no offense to the really Christian people) what do you think i should do she keeps telling me that i'm going to hell and crap i cant take it. what do you think i should do? lol!
Back to top Go down
killuminati
Admin
killuminati

PostSubject: Re: going to church against my will   going to church against my will Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 12:12 am

I'm a Christian, I don't believe in going to church since its incorporated under the state. But my mom forces me to go so I still go I don't say anything...but don't forget silent rebel is still rebelling, I like to make my preacher mad
Back to top Go down
changingtheworld

changingtheworld

PostSubject: Re: going to church against my will   going to church against my will Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 12:15 am

lol thanks. i just think religion is a way to control the mass, money for forgiveness and an excuse for murder. im sorry if i offended you or anyone Smile. ( just expressing my opinion)
Back to top Go down
killuminati
Admin
killuminati

PostSubject: Re: going to church against my will   going to church against my will Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 12:16 am

changingtheworld wrote:
lol thanks. i just think religion is a way to control the mass, money for forgiveness and an excuse for murder. im sorry if i offended you or anyone Smile. ( just expressing my opinion)
na it is but I know my God didn't want it to be that way and in the bible it talks about seperate yourself from the church but it's your decision
Back to top Go down
changingtheworld

changingtheworld

PostSubject: Re: going to church against my will   going to church against my will Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 12:21 am

the thing is i believe in god. to tell you the truth people fighting about religion here on earth and arguing about it. its useless you know we will have to wait and see in the afterlife
Back to top Go down
killuminati
Admin
killuminati

PostSubject: Re: going to church against my will   going to church against my will Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 12:23 am

changingtheworld wrote:
the thing is i believe in god. to tell you the truth people fighting about religion here on earth and arguing about it. its useless you know we will have to wait and see in the afterlife
thats how i feel
Back to top Go down
changingtheworld

changingtheworld

PostSubject: Re: going to church against my will   going to church against my will Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 12:30 am

its just like someone says your religion is fake. another person rips up a bible (ive seen this happen on a video i may be an atheist but doing that is wrong you have to respect other peoples religions and move on). all of the hating just creates more hating then its an endless cycle. and i just want to say who the F cares! if youve got nothing nice to say, say nothing at all
Back to top Go down
Cheveyo
Admin
Cheveyo

PostSubject: Re: going to church against my will   going to church against my will Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 12:30 am

changingtheworld wrote:
ive never been close to my parents my dads an abusive alcoholic and my mom is really strict. I have changed to atheism after a while of actually thinking about whats right and whats wrong without the fear of going to hell. the one thing my mom is very religious catholic. when i told her of my recent change she freaked out and said i don't give a sh*t and your still going to church. so im listening to the sermon and im wanting to stand up and say thats a bunch of shit. its really going against what i believe in. ( no offense to the really Christian people) what do you think i should do she keeps telling me that i'm going to hell and crap i cant take it. what do you think i should do? lol!

Sorry to hear about all that, but good for you -- stand up for yourself, you're not going to hell. If there IS a hell, I know a LOT of Catholics and other 'religious' people going there. If there is a Heaven, I know a lot of Atheists going there. I have come to the conclusion that you can not prove that there is a God, though you cannot prove that there isn't -- there's 'evidence' (not proof) for both sides of the argument. Because of this, I chose to live my life as best as possible by helping out those in need.

I consider myself a Unitarian Universalist and sometimes Ashiest , though I've been taught a lot of Quaker principles in the past.

As of now (because of your age), you simply have to follow what your mother tells you but sooner or later that'll all be over.

I do not believe god is some old, white, male figure that sits in the clouds and condemns Muslims, Jews, etc to hell. I believe god is not male, nor female, but everything and everywhere, including in ourselves. I worship no god and because of this, I've been called an Atheist but am totally cool with it.

changingtheworld wrote:
its just like someone says your religion is fake. another person rips up a bible (ive seen this happen on a video i may be an atheist but doing that is wrong you have to respect other peoples religions and move on). all of the hating just creates more hating then its an endless cycle. and i just want to say who the F cares! if youve got nothing nice to say, say nothing at all
I've seen this happen as well (CaptainAwesome did it, I believe). I don't appreciate the "Jesus rapeed little boys" comments whether he was real or not.
Back to top Go down
http://www.MySpace.com/Carlos758 and www.AnarchistUnderground.co
changingtheworld

changingtheworld

PostSubject: Re: going to church against my will   going to church against my will Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 12:33 am

heres what i think.some rich people end up stealing from the poor and automatically they go to heaven. no matter which god their is there is no way that could happen
Back to top Go down
Public Enemy

Public Enemy

PostSubject: Re: going to church against my will   going to church against my will Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 12:40 am

I think you take alot of it out of it's true grand nature, and the people who teach you are either full of shit, or have severe misunderstanding.
There's a reason the bible says it's easier to thread a camel through a needle than for a rich man to enter heaven.
Rich men are subject to GREED. The bible says Greed is a source of pride, and that the greedy rarely go to heaven.
Back to top Go down
Cheveyo
Admin
Cheveyo

PostSubject: Re: going to church against my will   going to church against my will Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 12:44 am

Public Enemy wrote:
I think you take alot of it out of it's true grand nature, and the people who teach you are either full of shit, or have severe misunderstanding.
There's a reason the bible says it's easier to thread a camel through a needle than for a rich man to enter heaven.
Rich men are subject to GREED. The bible says Greed is a source of pride, and that the greedy rarely go to heaven.

This is a good example of being spiritual or religiously aware (or even religious) and still being Anarchistic. :]
Whether you're Christian or not, the Bible can be very educational (as well as other holy books, of course!).
Back to top Go down
killuminati
Admin
killuminati

PostSubject: Re: going to church against my will   going to church against my will Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 12:45 am

KenCat wrote:
Public Enemy wrote:

This is a good example of being spiritual or religiously aware (or even religious) and still being Anarchistic. :]
Whether you're Christian or not, the Bible can be very educational (as well as other holy books, of course!).
true that
Back to top Go down
changingtheworld

changingtheworld

PostSubject: Re: going to church against my will   going to church against my will Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 12:46 am

Public Enemy wrote:

first of all no matter how many people you deceived killed for money you can still go to heaven if you confess your sins.
maybe i just dont understand the bible at the moment but i believe what i want and nobody has taught me what i am typing actually they have taught me the opposite.
i just think you shouldn't be afraid to think differently from you religion with the fear of going to a place where your soul burns forever.
but hey maybe im totally wrong it is just an opinion
Back to top Go down
changingtheworld

changingtheworld

PostSubject: Re: going to church against my will   going to church against my will Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 12:47 am

and true the bible does teach you useful information and is a wise resource
Back to top Go down
killuminati
Admin
killuminati

PostSubject: Re: going to church against my will   going to church against my will Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 12:48 am

People like to use religion as a way to control you so they say "YOU MUST DO THIS OR THAT OR THAT OR THIS AND IF YOU DON'T YOUR GOING TO HELLLLL"

But I've read good enough parts of the bible to figure out for myself the truth
Back to top Go down
changingtheworld

changingtheworld

PostSubject: Re: going to church against my will   going to church against my will Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 12:51 am

your right i believe in the god i just think a lot of the stuff like you said "YOU MUST DO THIS OR THAT OR THAT OR THIS AND IF YOU DON'T YOUR GOING TO HELLLLL" was thrown in there for mass control
Back to top Go down
Cheveyo
Admin
Cheveyo

PostSubject: Re: going to church against my will   going to church against my will Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 12:52 am

Killuminati wrote:
People like to use religion as a way to control you so they say "YOU MUST DO THIS OR THAT OR THAT OR THIS AND IF YOU DON'T YOUR GOING TO HELLLLL"

But I've read good enough parts of the bible to figure out for myself the truth

But there are some actual religions who say the exact opposite.
For example, Unitarian Universalism. In the Unitarian Universalist "church" (can I call it that? lol) that I rarely go to, it's comprised of Quakers, Atheists, some Jews, Buddhists, Pagans, etc.
Back to top Go down
changingtheworld

changingtheworld

PostSubject: Re: going to church against my will   going to church against my will Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 12:55 am

what do they teach you about?
Back to top Go down
Cheveyo
Admin
Cheveyo

PostSubject: Re: going to church against my will   going to church against my will Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 1:00 am

changingtheworld wrote:
what do they teach you about?

A lot of my friends get confused when I tell them that at this church, they don't tell you what to do.
Well, all religions generally speak of the same God. They don't focus on the things you MUST DO, they focus on the spirituality of which EVERY religion shares.
I used to be a Quaker, where everyone can be a minister and no one has more power over anyone else (like in an Anarchist society) but I've come to accept other religions, too.
Back to top Go down
Public Enemy

Public Enemy

PostSubject: Re: going to church against my will   going to church against my will Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 1:10 am

first of all no matter how many people you deceived killed for money you can still go to heaven if you confess your sins.
If a rich man stole from a poor man once, who is to believe that he won't do it again? God isn't foolish. He does not accept shallow confessions.

maybe i just dont understand the bible at the moment but i believe what i want and nobody has taught me what i am
typing actually they have taught me the opposite.
Well, ok then. Feel free to go in whatever direction you want. But if your opinion is to believe what you want, don't brag under a name. If you intend to stand up for your religion, become informed enough to silence those heathens. lol!

i just think you shouldn't be afraid to think differently from you religion with the fear of going to a place where your soul burns forever.
Well, the irony is that if you still think one is wrong about A, why aren't they wrong about hell, or B?

K.

"YOU MUST DO THIS OR THAT OR THAT OR THIS AND IF YOU DON'T YOUR GOING TO HELLLLL"
Churches are oppressive in nature.

I used to be a Quaker, where everyone can be a minister and no one has more power over anyone else
I can see this resulting very badly.
Back to top Go down
Cheveyo
Admin
Cheveyo

PostSubject: Re: going to church against my will   going to church against my will Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 1:13 am

Public Enemy wrote:
"I used to be a Quaker, where everyone can be a minister and no one has more power over anyone else (like in an Anarchist society)"

Why?.. lol It's worked for a few hundred years now. I haven't seen problems.
As an Anarchist, I believe in equality and that no one should have more of a say in something or more power than I do.
Back to top Go down
changingtheworld

changingtheworld

PostSubject: Re: going to church against my will   going to church against my will Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 1:18 am

Public Enemy wrote:
If a rich man stole from a poor man once, who is to believe that he won't do it again? God isn't foolish. He does not accept shallow confessions.

maybe i just dont understand the bible at the moment but i believe what i want and nobody has taught me what i am
Well, ok then. Feel free to go in whatever direction you want. But if your opinion is to believe what you want, don't brag under a name. If you intend to stand up for your religion, become informed enough to silence those heathens. lol!

Well, the irony is that if you still think one is wrong about A, why aren't they wrong about hell, or B?

K.

"YOU MUST DO THIS OR THAT OR THAT OR THIS AND IF YOU DON'T YOUR GOING TO HELLLLL"

I used to be a Quaker, where everyone can be a minister and no one has more power over anyone else

how can i brag about my religion if my religion is no religion.
im saying its just what i believe in.
i believe in no god so me going to hell doesn't really matter.
explain why do you think that everyone being a minister would turn out badly? its just equality. just like anarchy
Back to top Go down
Cheveyo
Admin
Cheveyo

PostSubject: Re: going to church against my will   going to church against my will Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 1:22 am

changingtheworld wrote:
Public Enemy wrote:

K.

explain why do you think that everyone being a minister would turn out badly? its just equality. just like anarchy

Amen, bro.
Back to top Go down
Public Enemy

Public Enemy

PostSubject: Re: going to church against my will   going to church against my will Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 1:28 am

Good point. But why believe that you are going to hell? What's your motive for believing that hell exists?

About the quaker thing, well,
You all take turns exclaiming your finds and philosophies, surely some people must contradict your theory, leading to debate.
If the open of a debate proceeds, then you all explode in a chaotic ball of ignorance that is pride in your actions over others. And if one is right, then that one will most likely be right in other events, and soon the group would only trust them.
If no debate is called, the speeches turn in to attacks against other ones, making the whole thing seem feverishly furious.
Back to top Go down
Cheveyo
Admin
Cheveyo

PostSubject: Re: going to church against my will   going to church against my will Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 1:32 am

Public Enemy wrote:
Good point. But why believe that you are going to hell? What's your motive for believing that hell exists?

About the quaker thing, well,
You all take turns exclaiming your finds and philosophies, surely some people must contradict your theory, leading to debate.
If the open of a debate proceeds, then you all explode in a chaotic ball of ignorance that is pride in your actions over others. And if one is right, then that one will most likely be right in other events, and soon the group would only trust them.
If no debate is called, the speeches turn in to attacks against other ones, making the whole thing seem feverishly furious.
This may seem like it on paper, but this has not happened once. Really. And besides, Quakers are pacifists.. lol No fighting.
Why would you want one man preaching to you when you could hear everyone's views?

And it's less of sharing philosophical standpoints and more of sharing things that are "needed" to be said.
It's pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: going to church against my will   going to church against my will Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

going to church against my will
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Anarchist Underground :: Subversion in Society :: Religion and Spirituality-
Jump to: