The Anarchist Underground
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Anarchist Underground

Political movement

HomeTestGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dissociation

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
killuminati
Admin
killuminati

Dissociation Empty
PostSubject: Dissociation   Dissociation Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 11:58 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dissociation_(psychology)

Relation to trauma and abuse

Dissociation has been described as one of a constellation of symptoms experienced by some victims of multiple forms of childhood trauma, including physical abuse and sexual abuse.[9][4] This is supported by studies which suggest that dissociation is correlated with a history of trauma.[10] Dissociation appears to have a high specificity and low sensitivity to having a self-reported history of trauma.[11]

Symptoms of dissociation resulting from trauma may include depersonalization, psychic numbing, disengagement, or amnesia regarding the events of the abuse. It has been hypothesized that dissociation may provide a temporarily effective defense mechanism in cases of severe trauma; however, in the long term, dissociation is associated with decreased psychological functioning and adjustment.[4] Other symptoms sometimes found along with dissociation in victims of traumatic abuse (often referred to as "sequelae to abuse") include anxiety, PTSD, low self-esteem, somatization, depression, chronic pain, interpersonal dysfunction, substance abuse, self-multilation and suicidal ideation or actions.[12][4][9] These symptoms may lead the victim to erroneously present the symptoms as the source of the problem.[9]

Chu et al. (1999) reported that child abuse, especially chronic abuse starting at early ages, was related to high levels of dissociative symptoms in a clinical sample,[13] including amnesia for abuse memories.[14] Briere & Runtz (1988) found increased levels of dissociation in a non-clinical sample of adult women who had been sexually abused by a significantly older person prior to age 15.[15] Another non-clinical study by the same authors found that a history of childhood sexual abuse and especially a history of childhood physical abuse were predictive of dissociative symptoms, though they stated that the validity of the scale used to measure these symptoms was yet to be proven.[16]
==============================
I've been hearing about this a lot usually about abused children being used to do things. Like for example: Someone kidnaps a kid - repeatedly sexually/physically abuse the kid and over a long period of time if this continues the kid brain will make a self-defense mechanism which will blank out what happened so he won't remember it like when you have a nightmare but you can't remember what the nightmare was about when you wake up

Usually then the victim tends to like the abuser such as in Stockholm syndrome and becomes loyal to the abuser. I've heard this is what supposedly George Bush father did to him(just rumours) and also heard that's what the Rothschild did to Hitler, I just found this interesting and could probably help you understand psychological thinking of (usually) political prisoners when captured

The elite/Government loves to use this tactic on people - very interesting...what you think, weird eh?
Back to top Go down
Public Enemy

Public Enemy

Dissociation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dissociation   Dissociation Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 3:30 pm

This is coming from someone who has actual interest in psychology and has been taking classes for 2 years.
Don't source Wikipedia on psychology. Get an actually reputable journal.
Back to top Go down
god0fmusic
Admin

Dissociation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dissociation   Dissociation Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 4:46 pm

i used to have mild dissociation, but its because i have a very obsessive and compulsive personality.
in rape victims its a response to the trauma. the mind attempts to repress these memories and feelings and therefore dissociates (this is my theory).
Back to top Go down
killuminati
Admin
killuminati

Dissociation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dissociation   Dissociation Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 7:52 pm

god0fmusic wrote:
i used to have mild dissociation, but its because i have a very obsessive and compulsive personality.
i the mind attempts to repress these memories and feelings and therefore dissociates (this is my theory).
exactly
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dissociation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dissociation   Dissociation Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dissociation
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Anarchist Underground :: Anarchist Underground :: Off topic-
Jump to: