The Anarchist Underground
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Anarchist Underground

Political movement

HomeTestGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Was Jesus a capitalist or a communist!

Go down 
+5
Tirith
Yaotl
Cheveyo
Rename
killuminati
9 posters
AuthorMessage
killuminati
Admin
killuminati

Was Jesus a capitalist or a communist! Empty
PostSubject: Was Jesus a capitalist or a communist!   Was Jesus a capitalist or a communist! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 10:12 pm

Was Jesus a Capitalist or a Communist?

We have to first of all know that one of pillars of Communism is having a GODless State. So, my response to this question will ignore this pillar, since Jesus obviously was not GODless.

To me as a Muslim, Jesus was a Muslim. He was neither a Capitalist nor a Communist, because he believed in One True Undivided GOD Almighty, and he believed in Justice and equality of treatment to all people. Plus he taught his followers how to love and forgive others, which is what Islam also teaches.

Aside from that, I believe that Jesus was closer to Communism than Capitalism for the following reasons:

1- Communism believes that everyone is equal. Capitalism's human equality is largely influenced by money.

2- Jesus disliked very much the tax collectors because they were money-driven and money-hungry (Matthew 5:46, 9:10, and Luke 3:11-13).

3- Jesus disliked the rich people and promised that only few of them will make it to Heaven (Matthew 19:23-26).

4- Jesus in points 2 and 3 clearly disliked the "Capitalist" people. He clearly disliked Capitalism, because this system is all about money. Human value is precisely determined by the amount of money the person has.

Therefore, I believe that Jesus' materialistic or capitalistic views were much closer to Communism.
Back to top Go down
Rename
Counter-Revolutionary

PostSubject: Re: Was Jesus a capitalist or a communist!   Was Jesus a capitalist or a communist! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 10:37 pm

Were's the "No such thing" option?
Back to top Go down
Cheveyo
Admin
Cheveyo

PostSubject: Re: Was Jesus a capitalist or a communist!   Was Jesus a capitalist or a communist! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 10:38 pm

Killuminati wrote:

We have to first of all know that one of pillars of Communism is having a GODless State. So, my response to this question will ignore this pillar, since Jesus obviously was not GODless.

To me as a Muslim, Jesus was a Muslim. He was neither a Capitalist nor a Communist, because he believed in One True Undivided GOD Almighty, and he believed in Justice and equality of treatment to all people. Plus he taught his followers how to love and forgive others, which is what Islam also teaches.

Aside from that, I believe that Jesus was closer to Communism than Capitalism for the following reasons:

1- Communism believes that everyone is equal. Capitalism's human equality is largely influenced by money.

2- Jesus disliked very much the tax collectors because they were money-driven and money-hungry (Matthew 5:46, 9:10, and Luke 3:11-13).

3- Jesus disliked the rich people and promised that only few of them will make it to Heaven (Matthew 19:23-26).

4- Jesus in points 2 and 3 clearly disliked the "Capitalist" people. He clearly disliked Capitalism, because this system is all about money. Human value is precisely determined by the amount of money the person has.

Therefore, I believe that Jesus' materialistic or capitalistic views were much closer to Communism.

From what you have proposed, this makes a lot of sense. At least more sense than the bible-thumping, warmongering capitalist Jesus the ring wing makes him out to be.
You know that Muhammed was mentioned by name in the Quran only 4 times whereas Jesus Christ’s name was mentioned 25 times and Mary Pbuh is mentioned 33 times?

Their teachings were similar, the dogma that was created by followers many years later turned out different.

p.s. Should a religion section be added?

Last edited by KenCat on Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.MySpace.com/Carlos758 and www.AnarchistUnderground.co
Cheveyo
Admin
Cheveyo

PostSubject: Re: Was Jesus a capitalist or a communist!   Was Jesus a capitalist or a communist! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 10:39 pm

Rename wrote:
Were's the "No such thing" option?

He's expressing his views, not putting up a poll.
Back to top Go down
Rename
Counter-Revolutionary

PostSubject: Re: Was Jesus a capitalist or a communist!   Was Jesus a capitalist or a communist! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 10:45 pm

KenCat wrote:

As was I.
Im sorry im so negative No
Jesus would probably be for Theocracy or Fundamentalism since hes all about religion IMO
Back to top Go down
Cheveyo
Admin
Cheveyo

PostSubject: Re: Was Jesus a capitalist or a communist!   Was Jesus a capitalist or a communist! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 10:46 pm

Rename wrote:
KenCat wrote:

As was I.
Im sorry im so negative No
Jesus would probably be for Theocracy or Fundamentalism since hes all about religion IMO

lol Communist theocracy. Probably true, though.
Back to top Go down
killuminati
Admin
killuminati

PostSubject: Re: Was Jesus a capitalist or a communist!   Was Jesus a capitalist or a communist! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 1:00 pm

lol this thread was just suppose to be a joke lol
Back to top Go down
killuminati
Admin
killuminati

PostSubject: Re: Was Jesus a capitalist or a communist!   Was Jesus a capitalist or a communist! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 1:01 pm

by the way jesus isn't GOD usual catholic dogma

25. On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. "Teacher," he asked, "what must I do to inherit eternal life?"
26. "What is written in the Law?" he replied. "How do you read it?"
27. He answered: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind' ; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' "
28. "You have answered correctly," Jesus replied. "Do this and you will live."

Where did he say "Worship me I'm god"

just a little point I had to point out Smile
Back to top Go down
Yaotl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Was Jesus a capitalist or a communist!   Was Jesus a capitalist or a communist! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 9:30 pm

Cheveyo wrote:
Killuminati wrote:

From what you have proposed, this makes a lot of sense. At least more sense than the bible-thumping, warmongering capitalist Jesus the ring wing makes him out to be.
You know that Muhammed was mentioned by name in the Quran only 4 times whereas Jesus Christ’s name was mentioned 25 times and Mary Pbuh is mentioned 33 times?

Their teachings were similar, the dogma that was created by followers many years later turned out different.

p.s. Should a religion section be added?

Doesn't this section discuss religion? That's why it's called "Religion and Spirituality"?
Back to top Go down
Tirith

Tirith

PostSubject: Re: Was Jesus a capitalist or a communist!   Was Jesus a capitalist or a communist! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 5:45 am

Killuminati wrote:
To me as a Muslim, Jesus was a Muslim.

Jesus couldn't be Muslim. I recall a line in the bible that says something about Jesus saying "I am the way, the light. None come to the Father but by me." thus implying his own divinity. If he were Muslim, he wouldn't believe in his own divinity, if my memory serves me correctly.

Relying on the fact that Jesus was wise, and considering his religious belief and acclaimed generosity and unwavering faith, there's no way he could support a system that lets the strong prey on the weak.

I'm voting Communist. It's the most logical of the two choices given.
Back to top Go down
Cheveyo
Admin
Cheveyo

PostSubject: Re: Was Jesus a capitalist or a communist!   Was Jesus a capitalist or a communist! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 1:04 pm

Tirith wrote:
Killuminati wrote:

Jesus couldn't be Muslim. I recall a line in the bible that says something about Jesus saying "I am the way, the light. None come to the Father but by me." thus implying his own divinity. If he were Muslim, he wouldn't believe in his own divinity, if my memory serves me correctly.

Relying on the fact that Jesus was wise, and considering his religious belief and acclaimed generosity and unwavering faith, there's no way he could support a system that lets the strong prey on the weak.

I'm voting Communist. It's the most logical of the two choices given.

Perhaps Christian Communism, there is such a thing. Many people consider The Diggers a form of "Christian" anarchist communism.
Back to top Go down
Inkus2000
Admin
Inkus2000

PostSubject: Re: Was Jesus a capitalist or a communist!   Was Jesus a capitalist or a communist! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 4:21 pm

Jesus once said - 'It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the gates of heaven''.

He was full out communist lol!
Back to top Go down
Black_Cross
Admin
Black_Cross

PostSubject: Re: Was Jesus a capitalist or a communist!   Was Jesus a capitalist or a communist! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 2:34 pm

Tirith wrote:

"I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."

- Jesus

But this is assuming he actually said this. I don't think Muslims accept the bible as the word of god. I thought the Qu'ran was the only time god sent man written word. Before that it was just prophets, to my knowledge (Abraham, Jesus, Mohammed, etc).
Back to top Go down
killuminati
Admin
killuminati

PostSubject: Re: Was Jesus a capitalist or a communist!   Was Jesus a capitalist or a communist! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 7:33 pm

Black_Cross wrote:
Tirith wrote:

"I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."

- Jesus

But this is assuming he actually said this. I don't think Muslims accept the bible as the word of god. I thought the Qu'ran was the only time god sent man written word. Before that it was just prophets, to my knowledge (Abraham, Jesus, Mohammed, etc).
It's a common misconception that Muslims don't believe in the bible, well most muslims don't, but quran commands you HAVE TO, only part of the bible that got changed is about jesus pupose but it's easy to clear up that he couldn't be the son of God, he said it himself actually...mark 10:18

"If only the people of the scripture believe and lead a righteous life, we will then remit their sins, and admit them into gardens of bliss. If only they would uphold the TORAH, and the GOSPEL, and what is sent down to them herein (QURAN) from their Lord, they would be showered with blessings from above them and from beneath their feet. Some of them are righteous, but MANY of them are evil-doers." Quran - 5:65-66

Jesus did use the word muslim when he was preaching actually. heres a verse from the Aramaic bible(Jesus preached in Aramaic) so this is valid and correct
Luke 6:40 (American Standard Version)
40 The disciple is not above his teacher: but every one when he is perfected shall be as his teacher.

The perfection here means a spiritual one. What the verse is saying is that knowledge is not what matters! The teacher or master is higher in knowledge than his student. But the student can be as high as his teacher, or even higher, by being a true 'MUSHLAM' or Muslim, a spiritually perfect and well-disciplined person!
Was Jesus a capitalist or a communist! Hebrew_2
"Ein talmeed na'leh 'al rabbo; shekken kal adam she'MUSHLAM yihyeh k'rabbo."
YOU CLEARLY SEE MUSLIM IN THIS TRANSLATION Smile))

Last edited by Killuminati on Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
killuminati
Admin
killuminati

PostSubject: Re: Was Jesus a capitalist or a communist!   Was Jesus a capitalist or a communist! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 7:39 pm

Black_Cross wrote:
Tirith wrote:

- Jesus

Yes through his teachings....When Jesus said: "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. (From the NIV Bible, John 14:6)", if we take the meanings of this verse in the same context in Luke 10:25-28 and the other verses that teach about love, harmony and forgiveness, then we would clearly see that the way that Jesus talked about is the goodness in you.

If you love GOD Almighty with your heart and soul and you are a good person and love people and always try to be the best example to every person you meet (as clearly emphasized and stretched in the verses above), then you will win the Eternal Life. Accepting Jesus as the mediator between you and GOD Almighty (believing that Jesus died on the cross to purify your sins) is not necessary to win Eternal Life, and according to the Early Christians' doctrines during the 1st and 2nd centuries, Jesus never got crucified anyway, which is exactly what Islam also claims.

Like I said above, it certainly wasn't necessary for the men who asked the question about "Eternal Life" to believe in trinity in order for them to be saved. Jesus assured them Paradise if they believed otherwise.

Luke 18
18. A certain ruler asked him, "Good teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?"
19. "Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good--except God alone.
20. You know the commandments: 'Do not commit adultery, do not murder, do not steal, do not give false testimony, honor your father and mother.' "
21. "All these I have kept since I was a boy," he said.
22. When Jesus heard this, he said to him, "You still lack one thing. Sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."
23. When he heard this, he became very sad, because he was a man of great wealth.
24. Jesus looked at him and said, "How hard it is for the rich to enter the kingdom of God!
25. Indeed, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."
26. Those who heard this asked, "Who then can be saved?"
27. Jesus replied, "What is impossible with men is possible with God."
28. Peter said to him, "We have left all we had to follow you!"
29. "I tell you the truth," Jesus said to them, "no one who has left home or wife or brothers or parents or children for the sake of the kingdom of God
30. will fail to receive many times as much in this age and, in the age to come, eternal life."

Luke 10
25. On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. "Teacher," he asked, "what must I do to inherit eternal life?"
26. "What is written in the Law?" he replied. "How do you read it?"
27. He answered: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind' ; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' "
28. "You have answered correctly," Jesus replied. "Do this and you will live."

Last edited by Killuminati on Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
killuminati
Admin
killuminati

PostSubject: Re: Was Jesus a capitalist or a communist!   Was Jesus a capitalist or a communist! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 7:42 pm

Tirith wrote:
Killuminati wrote:

in arabic muslim is "one who submits to God" so technically, christians are muslims, jews are muslims, and muslims are muslims...the 2 posts above proves it too Smile
Back to top Go down
Alek4a
Admin
Alek4a

PostSubject: Re: Was Jesus a capitalist or a communist!   Was Jesus a capitalist or a communist! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 12:03 am

jesus' disciples were actually refereed to as "duolhos" or wage slaves... he also advocated blind faith in a leader who demands absolute power without question.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/alekfromarrakis
killuminati
Admin
killuminati

PostSubject: Re: Was Jesus a capitalist or a communist!   Was Jesus a capitalist or a communist! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 2:32 pm

Alek4a wrote:
jesus' disciples were actually refereed to as "duolhos" or wage slaves... he also advocated blind faith in a leader who demands absolute power without question.
actually they were already dirt poor when he met them lol...and they never claimed about being poor and they weren't forced to follow him they actually willingly chose so that cancels out the term "slave"....what power did Jesus have? He even let them try to kill him notice how I said *try*....
Back to top Go down
Alek4a
Admin
Alek4a

PostSubject: Re: Was Jesus a capitalist or a communist!   Was Jesus a capitalist or a communist! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 2:07 pm

Killuminati wrote:
Alek4a wrote:
actually they were already dirt poor when he met them lol...and they never claimed about being poor and they weren't forced to follow him they actually willingly chose so that cancels out the term "slave"....what power did Jesus have? He even let them try to kill him notice how I said *try*....

note: i said he "advocated blind faith in a leader who demands absolute power without question." jesus had some power but the leader i am reffering to would be god.
Back to top Go down
killuminati
Admin
killuminati

PostSubject: Re: Was Jesus a capitalist or a communist!   Was Jesus a capitalist or a communist! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 10:05 pm

Alek4a wrote:
Killuminati wrote:
Alek4a wrote:

note: i said he "advocated blind faith in a leader who demands absolute power without question." jesus had some power but the leader i am reffering to would be god.
well christians consider himself God that's why I got confused lol
Back to top Go down
killuminati
Admin
killuminati

PostSubject: Re: Was Jesus a capitalist or a communist!   Was Jesus a capitalist or a communist! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 11:38 pm

Alek4a wrote:
jesus' disciples were actually refereed to as "duolhos" or wage slaves...
Quran [6:90] These are the ones guided by GOD; you shall be guided in their footsteps. Say, "I do not ask you for any wage. This is but a message for all the people." Smile
Back to top Go down
Alek4a
Admin
Alek4a

PostSubject: Re: Was Jesus a capitalist or a communist!   Was Jesus a capitalist or a communist! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 2:00 pm

Killuminati wrote:
Alek4a wrote:
Quran [6:90] These are the ones guided by GOD; you shall be guided in their footsteps. Say, "I do not ask you for any wage. This is but a message for all the people." Smile

my point is lost in all the techinicallities.

it is an udeniable fact that the god of christianity is viewed as an all powerfull one who must be obeyed less one be subjected to eternal damnation. the political interpertation of such a doctrine is called dicatatorship. `

Was Jesus a capitalist or a communist! Xx
Back to top Go down
Cheveyo
Admin
Cheveyo

PostSubject: Re: Was Jesus a capitalist or a communist!   Was Jesus a capitalist or a communist! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 2:23 pm

Alek4a wrote:
Killuminati wrote:
Alek4a wrote:

my point is lost in all the techinicallities.

it is an udeniable fact that the god of christianity is viewed as an all powerfull one who must be obeyed less one be subjected to eternal damnation. the political interpertation of such a doctrine is called dicatatorship. `

Was Jesus a capitalist or a communist! Xx

I love that image.
Back to top Go down
JackBrindelli

JackBrindelli

PostSubject: Re: Was Jesus a capitalist or a communist!   Was Jesus a capitalist or a communist! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 5:05 pm

jesus may have had values recognised as communist or capitalist, but the fact is, if someone went up to him and accused him of being either, he'd have just said "you bloody what?" because neither systems truly existed or were even spoken about then.
Back to top Go down
http://uk.youtube.com/JackBrindelli
Cheveyo
Admin
Cheveyo

PostSubject: Re: Was Jesus a capitalist or a communist!   Was Jesus a capitalist or a communist! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 9:18 pm

JackBrindelli wrote:
jesus may have had values recognised as communist or capitalist, but the fact is, if someone went up to him and accused him of being either, he'd have just said "you bloody what?" because neither systems truly existed or were even spoken about then.

lol We know that, we were discussing what he WOULD be if he had to be either communist or capitalist.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Was Jesus a capitalist or a communist!   Was Jesus a capitalist or a communist! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Was Jesus a capitalist or a communist!
Page 1 of 1