The Anarchist Underground
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Anarchist Underground

Political movement

HomeTestGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The power of private institutions

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Inkus2000
Admin
Inkus2000

The power of private institutions Empty
PostSubject: The power of private institutions   The power of private institutions Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 12:05 pm

Recently I had a debate over the legitimacy of state regulatory bodies. It was proposed by a social democrat that regulatory bodies within the state institution could be used in order to counteract the concentration of social power. I was of the opinion that it is the powerful private sector that determines and controls the regulatory bodies to begin with - rendering them unreliable at best.

Thoughts ?
Back to top Go down
killuminati
Admin
killuminati

PostSubject: Re: The power of private institutions   The power of private institutions Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 9:10 pm

Inkus2000 wrote:
Recently I had a debate over the legitimacy of state regulatory bodies. It was proposed by a social democrat that regulatory bodies within the state institution could be used in order to counteract the concentration of social power. I was of the opinion that it is the powerful private sector that determines and controls the regulatory bodies to begin with - rendering them unreliable at best.

Thoughts ?
I'd have to agree with you it would be unreliable if there controlled by a private means or source
Back to top Go down
Cheveyo
Admin
Cheveyo

PostSubject: Re: The power of private institutions   The power of private institutions Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 12:49 am

Inkus2000 wrote:

Thoughts ?

"It was proposed by a social democrat that regulatory bodies within the state institution could be used in order to counteract the concentration of social power."
Was he or she attempting to justify it, saying that social equality and classlessness could be achieved through government intervention or was he or she attempting to justify privately run institutions that would remains under a "social democratic" state? I understand both statements are completely obscene, so perhaps I misinterpreted your post.

If the former, simply point out the obvious -- you cannot gain equality or classlessness with leaders, who obviously hold more power than you do.

If the latter, I would give an example of such inequality occurring amongst or perhaps even because of, privately run institutions. For example, the "privately run health care system (an oxy-moron) in the US has failed because of the simple goal of the corporations who claim to provide health care: money.
Back to top Go down
http://www.MySpace.com/Carlos758 and www.AnarchistUnderground.co
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The power of private institutions   The power of private institutions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The power of private institutions
Page 1 of 1