The Anarchist Underground
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Anarchist Underground

Political movement

HomeTestGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hello there.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ultimategoober

Hello there. Empty
PostSubject: Hello there.   Hello there. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 4:12 am

I was watching a chomsky video. anarchy 101 I think perhaps, and I saw a link for here...so here I am. I'm skeptical. I believe that anarchism deserves a great deal of attention and experimentation, though I do not believe that it is actually sustainable. I've come to investigate my doubts.
Back to top Go down
Cheveyo
Admin
Cheveyo

Hello there. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello there.   Hello there. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 9:49 am

ultimategoober wrote:
I was watching a chomsky video. anarchy 101 I think perhaps, and I saw a link for here...so here I am. I'm skeptical. I believe that anarchism deserves a great deal of attention and experimentation, though I do not believe that it is actually sustainable. I've come to investigate my doubts.

Fair enough -- I'm glad you're looking into new political philosophies, many don't.
An anarchist society would be very sustainable especially because anarchists believe in a horizontal organizational structure (rather than capitalistic hierarchy). Many think it's a nice idea but has no structure -- it does; chaos is our enemy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.MySpace.com/Carlos758 and www.AnarchistUnderground.co
ultimategoober

Hello there. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello there.   Hello there. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 1:37 am

That's where my doubts form though. You say anarchy has no hierarchy...but how do you prevent that?

It's not that I don't believe that anarchy is impossible.. but from what I see from this world, the only way this is possible is by completely changing the way we look and think about everything. I just don't see how that's possible. You'll always have people promoting the very opposite of anarchy. How does one convince these people that their very existence is wrong? People believe in hierarchy. People kill for it, people die for it.
Back to top Go down
Yaotl
Admin

Hello there. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello there.   Hello there. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 6:12 pm

ultimategoober wrote:
That's where my doubts form though. You say anarchy has no hierarchy...but how do you prevent that?

It's not that I don't believe that anarchy is impossible.. but from what I see from this world, the only way this is possible is by completely changing the way we look and think about everything. I just don't see how that's possible. You'll always have people promoting the very opposite of anarchy. How does one convince these people that their very existence is wrong? People believe in hierarchy. People kill for it, people die for it.

Well, I think its fair enough to say how to prevent that is, first off people aren't gonna want to submit to some latters of hierarchy cause thats what produces inequality and oppression and if someone tries to force you into submitting into that you fight back, there's no doubt about it. Yes, there's always gonna be one person who submits to the most stupidest thing but is that gonna stop us from doing what we want to accomplish.

How does one convince these people that their very existence is wrong? Telling some that their very existence is wrong is a form of oppression. You don't do that, hell, if someone has committed a crime you rehabilitate not throw them in prisons, if thats what you constitute. People don't believe in hierarchy. People get tricked into killing for some rag, and unfortunately people die for it.
Back to top Go down
Cheveyo
Admin
Cheveyo

Hello there. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello there.   Hello there. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 7:07 pm

"People get tricked into killing for some rag, and unfortunately people die for it."

Very important.. And the more are tricked, the more accept their societies as simply ways of normal life, versus oppression.
Back to top Go down
http://www.MySpace.com/Carlos758 and www.AnarchistUnderground.co
Sponsored content

Hello there. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello there.   Hello there. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello there.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Anarchist Underground :: Anarchist Underground :: Introduce Yourself-
Jump to: