The Anarchist Underground
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Anarchist Underground

Political movement

HomeTestGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cars in Anarchism

Go down 
+4
Public Enemy
Cheveyo
Inkus2000
Rename
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Rename
Counter-Revolutionary

Cars in Anarchism Empty
PostSubject: Cars in Anarchism   Cars in Anarchism Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 11:39 pm

This is more-so-ever a question, but im sure i'll be in the debating mode when i recheck, so i post here.

When looking at Anarchism, from my basic interpretation it only has common laws, such as no murder, no reason for theft etc, but that would not stop a teenager who has a urge to go on a joy ride, speeding would not be enforced, so people could use fast speed, if they were in a hurry for some reason, if they felt like having fun, or any other reason. As you can see from todays news, many people just go on joy rides than try to evade the police while having the possiblity of killing (by car collision) innocents. With no police, they could do it freely!

As just a side note(i know i said it about 20 times but..) sometimes people don't have a reason for what they do, such as mass murders, they're just insane. And tell me who wouldn't want to drive down a high way full speed with NO chance of ever getting in trouble, i sure the hell would have done it when i was a teen. So that eliminates the normal anarchist answer that they wouldn't have a reason to do it.

Any ideas on how Anarchism would handle this..please post it, im excited to see your replies! Also, sorry for bad grammar, it's late.afro
Back to top Go down
Inkus2000
Admin
Inkus2000

Cars in Anarchism Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cars in Anarchism   Cars in Anarchism Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 2:37 pm

Rename wrote:
This is more-so-ever a question, but im sure i'll be in the debating mode when i recheck, so i post here.

When looking at Anarchism, from my basic interpretation it only has common laws, such as no murder, no reason for theft etc, but that would not stop a teenager who has a urge to go on a joy ride, speeding would not be enforced, so people could use fast speed, if they were in a hurry for some reason, if they felt like having fun, or any other reason. As you can see from todays news, many people just go on joy rides than try to evade the police while having the possiblity of killing (by car collision) innocents. With no police, they could do it freely!

As just a side note(i know i said it about 20 times but..) sometimes people don't have a reason for what they do, such as mass murders, they're just insane. And tell me who wouldn't want to drive down a high way full speed with NO chance of ever getting in trouble, i sure the hell would have done it when i was a teen. So that eliminates the normal anarchist answer that they wouldn't have a reason to do it.

Any ideas on how Anarchism would handle this..please post it, im excited to see your replies! Also, sorry for bad grammar, it's late.afro

LOL Very Happy

Yea speeding on public roads isn't an exercise of freedom its an exercise of potentially harmful coercive authority ie its counteractive to other peoples freedom. The fact that I might decide to drink drive ect is me knowingly carrying out an activity that has a high degree of risk to your personal liberty. If your walking down the street and Im speeding - Im knowingly acting in disregard for your liberty 'not to get killed or injured'. So it follows that society may have laws with regards to protecting peoples freedom

If someone is judged a serious and persistent danger to society by a civil court - they can do what they will, however in an Anarchist society the emphasis is on eduction and rehabilitation not justice defined by revenge. Punishment wont exist so to speak only rehabilitation.

If the person is mentally unstable or a verified danger to society they may be assigned a carer to watch over them - as opposed to confining them to some kind of facility.
Back to top Go down
Rename
Counter-Revolutionary

Cars in Anarchism Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cars in Anarchism   Cars in Anarchism Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 9:50 pm

So..in baby words, your saying that if they speed/do something that's not exercising freedom they can be judged and forced into rehabilitation.

Errm wouldn't forcing someone to be rehabilitated for their error ways be against their personal freedom, if they do not want to be rehabilitated?

And as a side note question, what stops the judges from becoming the state as it once was
What stops the market from becoming the state again(In market anarchism)?
Back to top Go down
Cheveyo
Admin
Cheveyo

Cars in Anarchism Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cars in Anarchism   Cars in Anarchism Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 8:29 pm

Rename wrote:
So..in baby words, your saying that if they speed/do something that's not exercising freedom they can be judged and forced into rehabilitation.

Errm wouldn't forcing someone to be rehabilitated for their error ways be against their personal freedom, if they do not want to be rehabilitated?

And as a side note question, what stops the judges from becoming the state as it once was

The judges do not stay judges, there is a rotation of power. This helps in many ways and it stop corrupt judges too.

And no one will FORCE someone into rehabilitation, though if they truly have a problem I'm sure they'd voluntarily go to rehab. If they didn't, their family can further help the rehabilitation process.

http://anarchist-org.forum-gratuiti.net/general-philosophy-f16/a-few-questions-on-anarchism-t40.htm

This forum explains the rehabilitation vs. imprisonment issue a little more in later posts, it also answers a lot of great questions.
Back to top Go down
http://www.MySpace.com/Carlos758 and www.AnarchistUnderground.co
Rename
Counter-Revolutionary

Cars in Anarchism Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cars in Anarchism   Cars in Anarchism Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 9:48 pm

KenCat wrote:
The judges do not stay judges, there is a rotation of power. This helps in many ways and it stop corrupt judges too.

And no one will FORCE someone into rehabilitation, though if they truly have a problem I'm sure they'd voluntarily go to rehab. If they didn't, their family can further help the rehabilitation process.

http://anarchist-org.forum-gratuiti.net/general-philosophy-f16/a-few-questions-on-anarchism-t40.htm

This forum explains the rehabilitation vs. imprisonment issue a little more in later posts, it also answers a lot of great questions.

So your forced to be a judge? Or do you go in voluntarily? And if they go in voluntarily, couldn't the same members continue to go in, and create a corrupt system just like todays America?

I'll be called a nuttie here, but oh well, what would happen if the person does not want to be rehabilitated? It was just a crazy driver, not much to technically rehabilitate and he could continue to do it, without anyone being able to stop him IF the rehabilitation did not work | he didnt do it
Back to top Go down
Public Enemy

Public Enemy

Cars in Anarchism Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cars in Anarchism   Cars in Anarchism Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 2:26 am

Well, I don't believe in personal public motor vehicles, as i think that they are gluttonous wastes of resources. Buses, maybe.
But even they require roads everywhere, to turn our earth into a metropolis of concrete, and a sewer for the underground.
Why is it that we are in buildings? To hide from sun/"dangers" of earth.
It's a more hospitable environment.
But hey, the sewers are more hospitable that above ground. Why waste underground space for dumping our fecal waste? People could have 2 level cities, with trade encountering underground and housing encountering above ground.
Or the other way around. Neither matters.
Back to top Go down
Cheveyo
Admin
Cheveyo

Cars in Anarchism Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cars in Anarchism   Cars in Anarchism Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 2:04 pm

Rename wrote:
KenCat wrote:

So your forced to be a judge? Or do you go in voluntarily? And if they go in voluntarily, couldn't the same members continue to go in, and create a corrupt system just like todays America?

I'll be called a nuttie here, but oh well, what would happen if the person does not want to be rehabilitated? It was just a crazy driver, not much to technically rehabilitate and he could continue to do it, without anyone being able to stop him IF the rehabilitation did not work | he didnt do it

You go in voluntarily. And I'm pretty sure people would NOT want corrupt judges, therefore they would sign up as well.

And if someone TRULY did not want to get better, it would mean they have a mental problem and would need to be rehabilitated for that. Their family would put them into a rehabilitation center involuntarily (OMG NO, TYRANTS!) -- this is what Chomsky refers to as "good authority".

Another example of "good authority" is a parent yelling at their child or possibly holding on to their child's hand so they would not cross a dangerous highway.
Back to top Go down
chris

Cars in Anarchism Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cars in Anarchism   Cars in Anarchism Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 10:21 am

I personally think we should blast ourselves back to the middle ages.. Natural medicine and ways of living Smile

Edit: Meaning we replace cars with horses
Back to top Go down
Cheveyo
Admin
Cheveyo

Cars in Anarchism Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cars in Anarchism   Cars in Anarchism Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 10:35 am

chris wrote:
I personally think we should blast ourselves back to the middle ages.. Natural medicine and ways of living Smile

So you are a semi-Anarcho Primitivist? I am partly Primitivist, though certain technology is key, especially in communication with each other.
Back to top Go down
killuminati
Admin
killuminati

Cars in Anarchism Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cars in Anarchism   Cars in Anarchism Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 1:59 pm

KenCat wrote:
chris wrote:

So you are a semi-Anarcho Primitivist? I am partly Primitivist, though certain technology is key, especially in communication with each other.
definitely natural medicine but that won't be such a problem because in Anarchy there will be no corporations trying to profit off you so there medicine WILL REALLY help you
Back to top Go down
Cheveyo
Admin
Cheveyo

Cars in Anarchism Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cars in Anarchism   Cars in Anarchism Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 3:19 pm

Killuminati wrote:
KenCat wrote:
chris wrote:

definitely natural medicine but that won't be such a problem because in Anarchy there will be no corporations trying to profit off you so there medicine WILL REALLY help you

True. I have primitivist ideas intertwined in my philosophy.
Back to top Go down
dawowcow
Admin
dawowcow

Cars in Anarchism Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cars in Anarchism   Cars in Anarchism Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 8:33 am

make extremely fast speeding lanes Very Happy
it could work
Back to top Go down
http://dawowcow.deviantart.com
Cheveyo
Admin
Cheveyo

Cars in Anarchism Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cars in Anarchism   Cars in Anarchism Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 10:42 am

dawowcow wrote:
it could work

Autobahn! lol
Back to top Go down
changingtheworld

changingtheworld

Cars in Anarchism Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cars in Anarchism   Cars in Anarchism Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 11:45 am

Rename wrote:

your right i think you would have to offer the help for rehabilitation. you cant force. remember freedom comes first
Back to top Go down
changingtheworld

changingtheworld

Cars in Anarchism Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cars in Anarchism   Cars in Anarchism Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 11:46 am

dawowcow wrote:
it could work

lol. there'd probably have to be an ambulance waiting around every corner
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cars in Anarchism Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cars in Anarchism   Cars in Anarchism Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cars in Anarchism
Page 1 of 1