The Anarchist Underground
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Anarchist Underground

Political movement

HomeTestGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

People naturally like to be told what to do

Go down 
+2
solpacvoicis
killuminati
6 posters
AuthorMessage
killuminati
Admin
killuminati

People naturally like to be told what to do Empty
PostSubject: People naturally like to be told what to do   People naturally like to be told what to do Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 10:30 pm

I see the biggest problem with the Anarchist movement is not the capitalist society but more so the mindsets of the people.

I don't know if I got this out of a book or something but heard a story when people cried out that they wanted a King.

They like to be told what to do , not much thinking involved, but the problem is that is they start to give people more power and people tend to abuse power

We got to show people that this modern way is abusive and not worth it hmm I'm getting confused myself just some thoughts

afro
Back to top Go down
solpacvoicis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: People naturally like to be told what to do   People naturally like to be told what to do Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 10:34 pm

yes, empowering people again is the first step =D D.I.Y. culture and such XD
Back to top Go down
Cheveyo
Admin
Cheveyo

PostSubject: Re: People naturally like to be told what to do   People naturally like to be told what to do Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 10:38 pm

solpacvoicis wrote:
yes, empowering people again is the first step =D D.I.Y. culture and such XD
The cultural aspect is very important. Yes, the revolution can not proceed / begin if people don't know that they can all be equals -- that they don't need a king!
Back to top Go down
http://www.MySpace.com/Carlos758 and www.AnarchistUnderground.co
solpacvoicis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: People naturally like to be told what to do   People naturally like to be told what to do Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 10:44 pm

actually, the revolution is on going lol =D everytime someone does something themselves instead of depending on a representative, every time people riot or protest...

but yeah, by demonstrating to people that you can do some stuff instead of depending on the state, and encouraging them to join in...that's the way to go - instead of trying to teach people stuff, or make them aware of some disaster, and never suggesting realistic options for them of what they can do...
Back to top Go down
Cheveyo
Admin
Cheveyo

PostSubject: Re: People naturally like to be told what to do   People naturally like to be told what to do Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 10:47 pm

solpacvoicis wrote:
actually, the revolution is on going lol =D everytime someone does something themselves instead of depending on a representative, every time people riot or protest...

but yeah, by demonstrating to people that you can do some stuff instead of depending on the state, and encouraging them to join in...that's the way to go - instead of trying to teach people stuff, or make them aware of some disaster, and never suggesting realistic options for them of what they can do...

That's why I said "proceed"! Viva. :]
Back to top Go down
killuminati
Admin
killuminati

PostSubject: Re: People naturally like to be told what to do   People naturally like to be told what to do Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 10:50 pm

viva la revolution!

People naturally like to be told what to do Istockphoto_1997299_revolution_graffiti
Back to top Go down
Cheveyo
Admin
Cheveyo

PostSubject: Re: People naturally like to be told what to do   People naturally like to be told what to do Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 10:52 pm

Killuminati wrote:
viva la revolution!

People naturally like to be told what to do Istockphoto_1997299_revolution_graffiti

lol Did you get that off of a T-Shirt website? They use the (capitalist!!) mark behind it for previews of designs.. =p

I seriously believe in my lifetime, the revolution will be prominent and clearly visible to all, even those opposed to it -- I'm talking truly fighting back.
Back to top Go down
killuminati
Admin
killuminati

PostSubject: Re: People naturally like to be told what to do   People naturally like to be told what to do Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 10:55 pm

[quote="KenCat"]
Killuminati wrote:
viva la revolution!

I seriously believe in my lifetime, the revolution will be prominent and clearly visible to all, even those opposed to it -- I'm talking truly fighting back.
Me too I surely hope so this is getting out of hand THE POORER IS GETTING POORER WHILE THE RICH IS GETTING RICHER
Back to top Go down
chris

PostSubject: Re: People naturally like to be told what to do   People naturally like to be told what to do Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 10:24 am

The wanting a king part: George B. Shaw once said "Freedom means responsibility, that is why most people fear it." And he was right I suppose
Back to top Go down
killuminati
Admin
killuminati

PostSubject: Re: People naturally like to be told what to do   People naturally like to be told what to do Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 12:47 pm

chris wrote:
The wanting a king part: George B. Shaw once said "Freedom means responsibility, that is why most people fear it." And he was right I suppose
there we go!
Back to top Go down
Inkus2000
Admin
Inkus2000

PostSubject: Re: People naturally like to be told what to do   People naturally like to be told what to do Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 3:23 pm

Authoritarian structure reproduces itself in the minds of the people ie - Capitalism being authoritarian and hierarchical induces an Authoritarian mindset in the people who are subjected to it. An example would be a child who is subjected to corporate punishment and then proceeds to treat his children the same way.

Peoples behavior would change in an Anarchist society.The self serving notion that people are set to act in the current manner forever is a distortion used by the members of the upper class to justify the 'current social relations'.

Not long ago it would have been considered crazy and 'unnatural' for woman to be treated equal to men - now its clearly within reach in certain societies. The same goes for things like slavery racism ect. Peoples attitudes and behaviour change along with the reconstruction of society.
Back to top Go down
killuminati
Admin
killuminati

PostSubject: Re: People naturally like to be told what to do   People naturally like to be told what to do Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 3:27 pm

People just need to remember Corporation is not in to help the people just into RACK A PROFIT.

They don't care how they get that profit they just want the profit even if it means killing people, exploiting people, or raping the land
Back to top Go down
Cheveyo
Admin
Cheveyo

PostSubject: Re: People naturally like to be told what to do   People naturally like to be told what to do Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 3:28 pm

Inkus2000 wrote:
Authoritarian structure reproduces itself in the minds of the people ie - Capitalism being authoritarian and hierarchical induces an Authoritarian mindset in the people who are subjected to it. An example would be a child who is subjected to corporate punishment and then proceeds to treat his children the same way.

Peoples behavior would change in an Anarchist society.The self serving notion that people are set to act in the current manner forever is a distortion used by the members of the upper class to justify the 'current social relations'.

Not long ago it would have been considered crazy and 'unnatural' for woman to be treated equal to men - now its clearly within reach in certain societies. The same goes for things like slavery racism ect. Peoples attitudes and behaviour change along with the reconstruction of society.

This is true and can be seen in our world today. Even things such as family morals change depending on which country you're in. In our authoritarian country, dissent is considered unpatriotic and horrible but in France, criticism is encouraged.
Back to top Go down
killuminati
Admin
killuminati

PostSubject: Re: People naturally like to be told what to do   People naturally like to be told what to do Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 3:33 pm

KenCat wrote:
Inkus2000 wrote:

This is true and can be seen in our world today. Even things such as family morals change depending on which country you're in. In our authoritarian country, dissent is considered unpatriotic and horrible but in France, criticism is encouraged.
In the famous words of Bill O'reilly, YOUR A PATRIOT OR YOUR A TERRORIST drunken
Back to top Go down
Inkus2000
Admin
Inkus2000

PostSubject: Re: People naturally like to be told what to do   People naturally like to be told what to do Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 3:36 pm

Quote :

We !
Back to top Go down
Black_Cross
Admin
Black_Cross

PostSubject: Re: People naturally like to be told what to do   People naturally like to be told what to do Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 3:38 pm

Inkus beat me to it, but he's got it right for sure. People are a product of their environment; if they are brought up being told that they cannot subsist without a ruler of some sort, then it is very unlikely that they will believe otherwise. Those of us of the revolutionary left have been fortunate enough to be of the 'very unlikely' category, that understands that rule is not needed to ensure order, and, on the contrary, it fails to maintain order by its very nature.

This is why our task of propaganda is a very important, and a very difficult one. We and our ideas are up against the environment of the world. We have to change people's way of thinking in order to change our society, but without a change in our society, it is unlikely that people will change their way of thinking. It's quite the dilemma indeed.

So it is not that people enjoy being told what to do, or that it is natural (in fact, i would say it is the exact opposite), but that people are being programmed to respond well to authority and violence. If we are able to break that spell, change will come naturally.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: People naturally like to be told what to do   People naturally like to be told what to do Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

People naturally like to be told what to do
Page 1 of 1