The Anarchist Underground
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Anarchist Underground

Political movement

HomeTestGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reformism within Anarchism ????

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Inkus2000
Admin
Inkus2000

Reformism within Anarchism ???? Empty
PostSubject: Reformism within Anarchism ????   Reformism within Anarchism ???? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 2:53 am

In the anarchist organization Im a member of there seems to be an unhealthy emphasis on participating in pre - existing social movements. - pro choice, wage protests ect

Personally I think acting within the system is a waste of time - The prime function of anarchists is to be forward with our revolutionary ideology and undermine capitalism directly. The single issue campings we participate in and organize
entail no education about our long term goals whatsoever. I feel there are factions within the movement who have been infected by reformism. Any improvement within capitalism will only act to further sustain its shelf life.

I think there is an especially dangerous current within the movement that needs to be identified less we succumb to a
regressive counter -revolutionary mentality.

Thoughts ?
Back to top Go down
Yaotl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Reformism within Anarchism ????   Reformism within Anarchism ???? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 4:53 am

Inkus2000 wrote:
In the anarchist organization Im a member of there seems to be an unhealthy emphasis on participating in pre - existing social movements. - pro choice, wage protests ect

Personally I think acting within the system is a waste of time - The prime function of anarchists is to be forward with our revolutionary ideology and undermine capitalism directly. The single issue campings we participate in and organize
entail no education about our long term goals whatsoever. I feel there are factions within the movement who have been infected by reformism. Any improvement within capitalism will only act to further sustain its shelf life.

I think there is an especially dangerous current within the movement that needs to be identified less we succumb to a
regressive counter -revolutionary mentality.

Thoughts ?

I agree, reformism in trying to tweak the system is folly and its a waste of time and energy. Within that time period you could do much more than just voting in a third party for results. I question many anarchists like Napalmtube who clearly think that in twisting and turning knobs is gonna really change anything. I don't know what we can do about the regressive counter -revolutionary mentality but I know what we could do. While we are here looking what is to be done, we should discuss, analyze and organize (even though we live far apart from each other) on what should be done about our movement.
Back to top Go down
killuminati
Admin
killuminati

PostSubject: Re: Reformism within Anarchism ????   Reformism within Anarchism ???? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 9:39 am

Well while were trying to get members and educate people so that we can overthrow the system, in the meantime we might as well try to tweak it a little...since the revolution is not going to just happen over night lol but I understand what you mean
Back to top Go down
Yaotl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Reformism within Anarchism ????   Reformism within Anarchism ???? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 4:33 pm

Killuminati wrote:
Well while were trying to get members and educate people so that we can overthrow the system, in the meantime we might as well try to tweak it a little...since the revolution is not going to just happen over night lol but I understand what you mean

While you reform, I'll be organizing.
Back to top Go down
Cheveyo
Admin
Cheveyo

PostSubject: Re: Reformism within Anarchism ????   Reformism within Anarchism ???? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 2:00 pm

It's not necessarily the "tweaking" Kill meantioned, it's the fact that reforming the system into an invisibly oppressive system is dangerous. Don't cope with the problem, FIX IT.
Back to top Go down
http://www.MySpace.com/Carlos758 and www.AnarchistUnderground.co
killuminati
Admin
killuminati

PostSubject: Re: Reformism within Anarchism ????   Reformism within Anarchism ???? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 2:12 pm

Yaotl Macehualli wrote:
Killuminati wrote:

what's exactly wrong with reforming while you organize lol.
Back to top Go down
killuminati
Admin
killuminati

PostSubject: Re: Reformism within Anarchism ????   Reformism within Anarchism ???? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 2:16 pm

Cheveyo wrote:
It's not necessarily the "tweaking" Kill meantioned, it's the fact that reforming the system into an invisibly oppressive system is dangerous. Don't cope with the problem, FIX IT.
I'm talking about ways to help people suffering from the system...like trying to raise minimum wage and protecting workers safety on certain jobs like mining....because like I said revolution isn't going to come over night so we might as well do things that can help people right now...while peparing for the future.
Back to top Go down
Yaotl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Reformism within Anarchism ????   Reformism within Anarchism ???? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 2:58 pm

Killuminati wrote:
Cheveyo wrote:
I'm talking about ways to help people suffering from the system...like trying to raise minimum wage and protecting workers safety on certain jobs like mining....because like I said revolution isn't going to come over night so we might as well do things that can help people right now...while peparing for the future.

By any means necessary, strike with them if you have to do whatever you can, I don't see that as reform I see that as a form of revolution. Being revolutionary in my definition doesn't just mean being an audacious person with a gun, it also involves discussing and analyzing things with other people and fixing things through direct action will. I'm saying that voting or working with the system is not gonna get you anywhere.

Last edited by Yaotl Macehualli on Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
killuminati
Admin
killuminati

PostSubject: Re: Reformism within Anarchism ????   Reformism within Anarchism ???? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 3:28 pm

Yaotl Macehualli wrote:
Killuminati wrote:
Cheveyo wrote:

Be any means necessary, strike with them if you have to. I'm saying that voting nor working with the system is not gonna get you anywhere.
exactly...I know you can't reform the system people have been trying for hundreds of years...but you can do things ot make it less oppressive on the people
Back to top Go down
Yaotl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Reformism within Anarchism ????   Reformism within Anarchism ???? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 3:37 pm

Killuminati wrote:
Yaotl Macehualli wrote:
Killuminati wrote:

what's exactly wrong with reforming while you organize lol.

Like I said in my last response, I don't see that as reforming.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reformism within Anarchism ????   Reformism within Anarchism ???? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reformism within Anarchism ????
Page 1 of 1